FAMILY FOOD FANFARE

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chipotle Chicken in Black Bean sauce


The name was getting too long so I left off the tomato part. However the tomatoes are also roasted in the oven with a sprinkle of olive oil or vegetable oil. This chicken has just enough spice to make you desire another serving

A dear friend requested the recipe for this dish. This is how I made it. Most of the dishes on the blog I made up myself. I can give you an idea of how I made the dish, or I will have to make it again to be more precise. Wash chicken in lemon water,
Season with garlic, onion powder, ground up chipotle cubes, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Brown in skillet in a little olive oil, place chicken on a baking pan in preheated oven at 350 degrees, Blend left over black beans add to the drippings in the skillet, not more than a few tablespoon of oil necessary. Make sort of a rue, add little more chipotle seasoning. Base chicken with rue till its cooked. Serve excess rue as a gravy. Tomatoes were cut drizzled with vegetable oil, salt pepper and placed in the oven before hand.( Dehydrate the tomatoes when on sale to use in different dishes.) To dehydrate using cheap method lol, put in oven at 170 to 200 or less depending on the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment