FAMILY FOOD FANFARE

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chicken Cacciatori






This is just irresistible.
Everyone has their own version and I am no exception. So here is what I did. Take your chicken pieces, bone in., wash in lemon or lime water. Remove skin if you would like. Dry the pieces off and season well with garlic and onion powder, salt and freshly ground black pepper and pimento grounded. To have a more accurate recipe. I will tell you how much I cooked etc. I don't measure when I cook so I will do my best or you can get a recipe off line and then eventually make it your way.
Cut up two whole chickens
about 2 tbsp onion powder (not salt)
2 tbsp spoon garlic
1o pimento grains crushed
10 pepper corn crushed
Salt to taste.
In a large skillet, heat oil
Brown chicken, turning occasionally to get all sides. Remove the finish batch to a bowl and continue browning the rest. While chicken is browning, cut up 2 potatoes in thin slices, cut two jalapeno into rounds. Remove all pieces of chicken to the bowl. Pour off excess oil leaving about 1/3 cup of oil. Add two regular cans of diced tomatoes, or one can dice tomato and one can tomato paste. While that is sauteing add jalapeno and potato slices. Stir well. Add 2 cups of water. Pour sauce in a smaller pan. put chicken back into the large skillet, bigger pieces at the bottom. Pour the sauce over the chicken . Bring to a boil. Then simmer till cooked. Add some chopped bell peppers at the end and cook for 2 mins, no longer so your bell peppers will not over cook. Serve with rice or candied yams.

No comments:

Post a Comment