FAMILY FOOD FANFARE

Monday, November 29, 2010

Chinese food


How I made the sweet and sour chicken. I placed the chicken breast on a baking sheet, sprinkle chicken with a little salt and pepper. Place in a preheated 350 degrees oven. I removed them just when they are done do not over cook. Then cut into three pieces lengthwise, then across into squares about the size of the sweet and sour chicken pieces you get at the restaurant. then dip the pieces into lightly seasoned flour. Then dip into a pancake batter with the consistency that stays on the chicken and deep fry.
Broccoli and beef , I cut the thin slices of beef into strips ,braise in a little oil and when cooked I tossed in the broccoli with little soy sauce and corn starch mixed in water. Do not over cook the broccoli. The sauce for the sweet and sour chicken, I use pickled red chili and cherry juice, and little water.( depending on how much you want to make. Bring cherry juice and and chili sauce to a boil then strain return to the burner on low heat, and mix in the corn starch mixture a little at a time to get the right consistency like the restaurant.

1 comment:

  1. I personally am not a strong advocate of the sweeter side of Asian cuisine but the sauce was fantastic. The broccoli was Al Dente, the quality of the chicken was much better than its local commercial counterparts. The braised beef added a nice touch of variety. This dish was a perfect 7 for me.

    ReplyDelete